Volunteer Opportunities for Personal Development
These are a variety of organizations and programs that you may volunteer to work with in order t give back to the community, develop skills, or explore possible career choices. Also, you or a family member may need the benefits of one or more of these services.
You may choose to incorporate volunteer activities in creating your personal development plan. Here are just a few of the possibilities.
- Big Brother/Big Sister, school programs, church programs, etc.
Hospital/Nursing Home Programs
- Visiting, rocking babies, gift shop, donating home-made items, etc.
Home Building/Home Repair
- “Habitat for Humanity,” etc.
Meal Delivery Programs
- Meals on Wheels, etc.
Battered Women’s Shelters
- Lions, Kiwanis, Civitan, Rotary, Jaycees, Junior League, etc.
- Teacher’s aides, chaperone, room mother, special occasion assistance, etc.
- Often engage in many of the activities listed elsewhere on this page.
- Scouts, Boys and Girls Clubs, 4H, etc.
- Either serve as an auxillary personnel, or assist in fund-raising and other services.
- Red Cross, search parties for missing people, rescue, etc.
- American Heat Association, Diabetes Association, Epilepsy Foundation, etc.
One-time Fund-raising Support
- Walks/Runs, Golf Scrambles, Banquets, sales and bazaars, etc.
Radio Reading Service/Recording for the Blind/Librevox